[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Hyper-G security gotchas?

I'm looking for information about possible security pitfalls lurking in
Hyper-G that require a non-trivial understanding to avoid.

Someone here is interested in our setting up a mirror for a European
Hyper-G site.  I'm a bit concerned about the idea of setting up a
Hyper-G server for one application and then ignoring it, since I know
that our other servers require careful configuration and regular
updates to avoid sometimes subtle security problems.

Thanks for any light you can shed.  And for basic information on
Hyper-G, see:

	http://www.boku.ac.at:1080/A0x811b9908_0x00000009
	http://elib.zib-berlin.de/0x82496c0b_0x00003ff1

-- Prentiss Riddle ("aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada") riddle@rice.edu
-- RiceInfo Administrator, Rice University / http://is.rice.edu/~riddle
-- Home office: 2002-A Guadalupe St. #285, Austin, TX 78705 / 512-323-0708